Friday, June 24, 2011

Sins of the Daughter - Part 2 - The days

Day 2 - 6/16/11


   She recognized me again, responded to my walking into her room with a smile.  " I didn't think you were coming. "  she told me.  I smiled at her, looked into her eyes and told her I promised I would see her every day I was here.  I asked her if that was O.K., would it be too much for her to see me all the time.  " Stay. " she answered.
   The rest of our visit that day was quiet.  I laid down next to her, held her hand, looked into her eyes.  And as it was the day before, she locked into my gaze and returned it.  Again, all my emotions flooded my heart and all I could think of was how unfair this was, how vital and intense this woman once was, how this was not how she wanted to end up.  In fact, this was her biggest fear.  I remember thinking - does she understand what's happened to her, does she know where she is, what she's become, is she scared.  Our eyes were still on each other and I saw what looked like terror.  " Are you O.K. Mom? " I asked her.  She shook her head no.  " I can't imagine what this is like for you, "  I told her.  " Horrible, " she answered.

No comments:

Post a Comment